- - Engineering
- City of Industry, CA, USA
- Full Time
Astrophysics Inc. is a leading designer and manufacturer of X-Ray security inspection systems. Since 2002, we have dedicated ourselves to ensuring a safer world through ground-breaking, advanced screening technology, while creating a motivated and creative team of Engineers, Sales and Marketing professionals in our offices both in the US and around the world. While more than 85% of our systems are exported overseas, we take pride in manufacturing each one here in the United States. We are an expanding, dynamic and fast-paced company looking for individuals who want to grow with us. We currently have an immediate full-time position opening for two Electrical Engineers located in City of Industry, California.
This position will be responsible for the design, product improvement and troubleshooting of Astrophysics x-ray systems. This includes building prototypes, testing new designs, creating reports, assisting the manufacturing floor with malfunctioning equipment. When necessary, the engineer will be required to travel, domestically and internationally, for purposes of training, installation or testing.
- Write manufacturing and test procedures.
- Provide training to manufacturing personnel on the assembly and testing of new and existing products.
- Assist in the integration between software and electrical control systems.
- Provide complete and organized documentation for analysis and recommend improvements to existing designs.
- Assemble, test and troubleshoot new or existing product designs and provide feedback to project engineer.
- Travel globally to evaluate new system performance and assist with custom installations.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. or greater in electrical engineering or related field.
- Minimum 1-2 years of proven experience in an electrical engineering related field.
- Experience with standard electronic testing equipment; such as: oscilloscope, digital multi meter, logic analyzer, frequency generators, etc.
- Digital and analog circuit design.
- PCB manufacturing and/or design skills.
- Familiarity with PLC functionality and integration.
- Experience with troubleshooting PC (hardware and software) related failures.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications; including WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, VISIO.
- Working knowledge of C++/C# programming (preferred)
Excellent benefit package including 401K plan with Employer Match
11 Paid Holidays, 10 PTO Days, Free Donuts on Fridays, Company Luncheons and year end Party!
PLEASE APPLY AT: http://astrophysicsinc.hirecentric.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Astrophysics Inc. provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Astrophysics Inc. are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call 1(909) 598-5488 and ask for Human Resources. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.