Technical Support Representative II
- - Service
- City of Industry, CA, USA
- Full Time
Technical Support Representative II
Astrophysics Inc. is a leading global designer and manufacturer of X-Ray security inspection systems. Since 2002, we have dedicated ourselves to ensuring a safer world through advanced X-Ray screening and imaging technology. Our systems are deployed in critical infrastructure, aviation, and ports and borders sites in more than 140 countries. Hotels, prisons, courthouses, embassies, airports, military bases, and government buildings around the world depend on us for their safety and security. Astrophysics is an expanding, dynamic and fast-paced company looking for individuals who want to grow with us and be a part of a meaningful security mission. We currently have an immediate full-time position opening for a Technical Support Representative II, located in City of Industry, California.
The role of Technical Support Representative II, is primarily focused on service support for Latin America. As a level two Representative, this individual is expected to have advanced technical knowledge and customer service experience, with the ability to assist in overseeing the dealer service network in Latin America, as well as custom products and projects as assigned. Primary responsibilities include preparing quotations, processing claims, completing service documentation, updating customer files. Also communicates with Latin America sales team on new opportunities, and dealer service training and local support logistics. Ability to travel to Latin America for product demonstrations, service support, and dealer meetings as required. Also expected to assist in-house service team with daily activities and service calls as needed.
● Answer calls and emails. Provide technical support, document phone conversations and respond quickly and courteously to resolve service needs and ensure customer service satisfaction.
● Perform general office duties, such as maintaining records management database systems and basic bookkeeping, and complete in a timely manner.
● Perform systematic and documented phone diagnostics with customers, Astrophysics personnel and subcontractors, and dealer network. Provide technical phone support on weekdays and weekends as required. Maintain a calm and professional demeanor. Speak softly, slowly and clearly.
● Assist in overseeing Latin America service support, including subcontractors and dealer network. Maintain Latin America service list, ensure up-to-date training, and follow-up on customer satisfaction.
● Partner with subcontractors and dealers to produce reports, review spare parts, and meet contractual obligations. Update Service Manager with regular status reports.
● Effectively communicate and collaborate with the service team on daily tasks and activities. Proactively assist with non-Latin America related service support as required.
● Provide quotations for service and spare parts, and process orders accordingly. Create and assign service claims, and complete required documentation.
● Configure, package parts and prepare shipping documents in support of the order fulfillment process as required.
● Participate in customer service program via surveys and phone calls to record and track customer service satisfaction and opportunities for improvement.
● Perform on-site installation, and preventative and corrective maintenance as required (locally and throughout the Americas).
● Demonstrate strong electronic repair troubleshooting methodology and maintain a strong technical level of product knowledge.
● Complete all necessary service documentation, including reports, radiation surveys, parts requisitions, expense reports etc. on-time and error free.
● Promote the sale of extended warranty service contracts and repeat x-ray purchases. Report all sales opportunities to Astrophysics service headquarters and relevant Sales Manager.
● Support sales opportunities, custom product installations/upgrades and special projects on weekdays and weekends as required.
● Cultivate and maintain positive and productive customer and dealer relationships.
● Provide timely feedback to management on service failures and customer concerns. Escalate any issues to service management.
● Provide operator and/or technical training as required.
Education and Experience:
● Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Electronics or related field; or
● 3-7 years technical support experience; or
● Equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting ability.
● Ability to multi-task and handle stressful situations.
● Ability to work independently, and be proactive.
● Team player. Ability to positively give and receive feedback.
● Excellent customer service skills.
● Professional appearance, demeanor and attitude.
● Valid passport with ability to travel to sites (including Latin America) as necessary.
● Fluent in both written and verbal English and Spanish.
Excellent benefit package including 401K plan with Employer Match
11 Paid Holidays, 10 PTO Days, Free Donuts on Fridays, Company Luncheons and year end Party!
PLEASE APPLY AT: http://jobs-astrophysicsinc.icims.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Astrophysics Inc. provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Astrophysics Inc. are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call 1(909) 598-5488 and ask for Human Resources. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.