- - Purchasing
- City of Industry, CA, USA
- Full Time
Astrophysics Inc. is a leading designer and manufacturer of X-Ray security inspection systems. Since 2002, we have dedicated ourselves to ensuring a safer world through ground-breaking, advanced screening technology, while creating a motivated and creative team of Engineers, Sales and Marketing professionals in our offices both in the US and around the world. While more than 85% of our systems are exported overseas, we take pride in manufacturing each one here in the United States. We are an expanding, dynamic and fast-paced company looking for individuals who want to grow with us. We currently have an immediate full-time position opening for a Materials Manager located in City of Industry, California.
Responsible for managing all aspects of materials operation including production planning, purchasing, materials flow, shipping, receiving, and warehouse. Duties include developing and managing supplier relationships, inventory mix and volume, and creating executable production schedules to meet customer demand/deadlines and operations efficiency objectives. Works closely with other departments to ensure that materials are provided in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner. Drives the development of metrics designed to measure supplier performance, customer on-time delivery and the effectiveness planning/purchasing policies. Directly monitor all procurement, planning, and scheduling to ensure that all materials are in stock, properly accounted for, and up to quality standards so Astrophysics customer orders are fulfilled on time.
• Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, and associated cost elements.
• Perform analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build to forecast plans.
• Establish and supervise production planning activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production, and reviewing factors that affect schedules.
• Coordinate with engineering, pre-assembly, production and quality to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
• Monitor and maintain purchase parameters to ensure correct parts mix and volume. Review, develop, implement and track company purchasing policies and metrics.
• Achieve an inventory turnover of 4-6 per year.
• Lead and execute lean supply chain initiatives to improve the overall effectiveness of material flow and/or sustain daily operational effectiveness.
• Identify and resolve any material variances or material supply chain issues. Initiate and drive root cause and corrective action for any missing production parts or recurring issues. Ensure there is no production delay as a result of missing parts.
• Research, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
• Establish, implement, and manage system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance.
• Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Service, and Quality to achieve and drive cost reduction targets.
• Responsible for ensuring proper shipping and crating of products and equipment, documented quality receiving, and completion and accuracy of warehouse weekly cycle counts.
• Implement and oversee inventory control system, identify discrepancies in inventory counts and take corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
• Monitor and initiate disposition of excess and obsolete inventory. Coordinate the sale and documentation of surplus materials and/or scrap.
Education and Experience:
• BS degree in business, management or other related discipline.
• At least 3 years progressive experience in management of materials and sourcing within a design and manufacturing environment preferred.
• Experience in total quality, six sigma, or other similar environments.
• Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills.
• APICS certification a plus
• Spanish language a plus
Excellent benefit package including 401K plan with Employer Match
11 Paid Holidays, 10 PTO Days
PLEASE APPLY AT: http://astrophysicsinc.hirecentric.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Astrophysics Inc. provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Astrophysics Inc. are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call 1(909) 598-5488 and ask for Human Resources. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.