Test Engineer I
- - Quality Engineering
- City of Industry, CA, USA
- Full Time
Test Engineer I
Astrophysics Inc. is a leading designer and manufacturer of X-Ray security inspection systems. Since 2002, we have dedicated ourselves to ensuring a safer world through ground-breaking, advanced screening technology, while creating a motivated and creative team of Engineers, Sales and Marketing professionals in our offices both in the US and around the world. While more than 85% of our systems are exported overseas, we take pride in manufacturing each one here in the United States. We are an expanding, dynamic and fast-paced company looking for individuals who want to grow with us. We currently have two immediate full-time positions open for Test Engineer I located in City of Industry, California.
The Test Engineer I is responsible for supporting Test Engineers in all internal Astrophysics Inc. product testing. This includes in-house testing performed by the Engineering Department for product development projects, the Service Department for field support projects and the Quality Department for post-production quality control. Further, the Junior Test Engineer is responsible for supporting the Test Engineers in product evaluation and improvement, achieving product testing goals, and performing testing in accordance with Astrophysics company standards and Astrophysics quality standards.
• Collaborate with the engineering department to perform root cause and failure analysis on existing and new products.
• Assist in software, firmware, mechanical systems and hardware integration, and quality testing for the engineering departments.
• Assemble, test and troubleshoot new or existing product designs.
• Analyze design faults in new systems accurately and in a timely fashion.
• Feedback engineering test data in a clear and concise format allowing design engineers the highest probability of optimum solutions considering time, cost, functionality, and performance.
• Analyze and resolve system problems to improve production efficiency.
• Provide training for implementation and testing of custom features.
• Provide written instructions to the production floor for implementation and testing of custom features.
• Sales & Marketing Support
• Support key project installations, demos, and problem resolution as requested.
• Work with sales to ensure project technical specs are met.
• Support field projects for problem resolution to ensure the project is understood, tested and the issue resolution is completed.
• Prepare and develop clear test plan, test cases and test script
• Communicate test information to project manager and/or service technician.
Education and Experience:
• B.S. in electrical, electronics, or computer systems, or software/computer programming, and 0 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or
• A.S. in electrical, electronics, or computer systems, or software/computer programming, and 2 to 4 years related experience and/or training; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
Excellent benefit package including 401K plan with Employer Match
11 Paid Holidays, 10 PTO Days, Free Donuts on Fridays, Company Luncheons and year end Party!
PLEASE APPLY AT: http://astrophysicsinc.hirecentric.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Astrophysics Inc. provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Astrophysics Inc. are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call 1(909) 598-5488 and ask for Human Resources. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.