Marketing and Events Coordinator
- - Marketing
- City of Industry, CA, USA
- Full Time
- Excellent benefit package including 401K plan with Employer Match 11 Paid Holidays, 10 PTO Days, Free Donuts on Fridays, Company Luncheons and Christmas Party!
Marketing & Events Coordinator
Astrophysics Inc. is a leading global designer and manufacturer of X-Ray security inspection systems. Since 2002, we have dedicated ourselves to ensuring a safer world through advanced X-Ray screening and imaging technology. Our systems are deployed in critical infrastructure, aviation, and ports and borders sites in more than 145 countries. Hotels, prisons, courthouses, embassies, airports, military bases, and government buildings around the world depend on us for their safety and security. Astrophysics is an expanding, dynamic and fast-paced company looking for individuals who want to grow with us and be a part of a meaningful security mission. We currently have an immediate full-time position opening for a Marketing & Events Coordinator located in City of Industry, California.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator plays a key role in our growing global Marketing Department, assisting the Marketing Manager with a variety of event planning and content execution goals. Ideal candidates will possess a passion for event planning, exhibit excellent attention to detail, communicate effectively, and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment. Critical tasks include planning and executing tradeshow exhibits, promotional events, product demonstrations, and company meetings. This role has lots of growth potential with opportunities for domestic and international travel.
- In this role you will be a key player in the Marketing team with day-to-day marketing tasks and coordinating marketing projects and activities as requested such as:
- Assist the Marketing Manager on upcoming events (seminars and conferences) in coordinating vendors, locations and the marketing materials associated with the events.
- Support marketing and sales team members with day-to-day marketing tasks and coordinating marketing projects and activities as requested.
- Send emails on behalf of the company, assist in press releases, update social channels and company website as needed.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of industry tradeshows, with opportunities to attend international conferences. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining tradeshow calendar, evaluating potential tradeshows, scheduling approved tradeshows, registering exhibitors, assisting with travel coordination, negotiating with vendors, ordering materials and services, managing demonstration units, assisting with booth design layout, providing promotional items, serving as brand representative at select tradeshows, and adhering to tradeshow budgets.
- Assist in planning and coordination of company events, dealer meetings, and demonstrations, with opportunities to attend international sites. Conduct event planning and execution in a manner consistent with industry's best practices and facilitate the best opportunities for each event's success. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Researching venues and vendors, registering attendees, negotiating contracts, coordinating accommodations, activities, and meals, assisting with agenda and presentation planning, ordering materials and services, and adhering to event budgets.
- Assist Marketing Manager with new product launches to promote product awareness.
- Communicate tradeshow participation to internal staff, customers, and external stakeholders.
- Maintain an inventory of marketing materials (i.e. brochures) and promotional materials (i.e. t-shirts, hats, and other giveaways), and take the lead on replenishing those materials as needed.
- Communicate company event participation to internal staff, dealers and agents.
- Track, reconcile and work closely with Accounting on all marketing invoices and expenses.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Hospitality Management, Hotel Management, Event Management, Marketing, Business Management, Communications or equivalent field.
- Demonstrated experience planning small gatherings (20+ attendees) and large events (75+ attendees).
- Open communicator who works well in a team environment.
- Excellent command of verbal and written English.
- Strong writing and editing abilities (preferred).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Adobe Suite (preferred).
- Understanding of Social Media in a B2B space (preferred).
- Confident, charismatic personality with ability to interact with multiple cultures.
- 1-3 years of international event and tradeshow planning (preferred).
- Proficiency in Google Analytics (preferred).
Excellent benefit package including 401K plan with Employer Match
11 Paid Holidays, 10 PTO Days, Free Donuts on Fridays, Company Luncheons and Christmas Party!
PLEASE APPLY AT: http://astrophysicsinc.hirecentric.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Astrophysics Inc. provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Astrophysics Inc. are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call 1(909) 598-5488 and ask for Human Resources. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.