- - Production
- City of Industry, CA, USA
- Full Time
Astrophysics Inc. is a leading global designer and manufacturer of X-Ray security inspection systems. Since 2002, we have dedicated ourselves to ensuring a safer world through advanced X-Ray screening and imaging technology. Our systems are deployed in critical infrastructure, aviation, and ports and borders sites in more than 140 countries. Hotels, prisons, courthouses, embassies, airports, military bases, and government buildings around the world depend on us for their safety and security. Astrophysics is an expanding, dynamic and fast-paced company looking for individuals who want to grow with us and be a part of a meaningful security mission. We currently have an immediate full-time position opening for a Mechanical Lead located in City of Industry, California.
The assembly line lead assists the Production Supervisor in coordinating and monitoring the activities in the assembly process by performing essential functions. Assembly line leads train new assembly personnel. They are expected to produce five slots or more per week due to the time they spend on other activities of the assembly line. Assembly line leads work in coordination with other leads within the production process.
• Receives and answers questions from workers pertaining to assembly processes and equipment operation.
• Confirms receipts of materials from the warehouse.
• Monitors and expedites the flow of materials within the assembly area and makes requests for parts from the warehouse when necessary.
• Notifies supervisor and or engineering personnel of product and equipment malfunctions.
• Assures compliance with all safety and production practices.
• Communicates with supervisor and other management personnel any problems and concerns.
• Monitors activities of workers to ensure optimum quality, productivity, and efficiency.
• Trains new workers in assembly, equipment operation and safety procedures.
• Ensures the team meets daily production quantity requirements and meets personal targets.
• Demonstrates ability to complete five slots or more per week.
• Completes accurate and detailed daily output reports.
• Reports daily absences and policy violations to the production supervisor in a timely manner.
• Fills in for employees during absences.
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned by the production supervisor.
• Shows commitment to punctuality and attendance
• Comply at all times with Astrophysics' security policy, including protecting confidential information, reporting any action that conflicts with that policy, and informing management of any unusual activity or behavior.
Education and Experience:
• 2 to 5 years experience in assembly required.
• AS/AA degree or certification in mechanical or electrical assembly preferred.
• Must be able to read and follow simple work instructions, drawings, and memos.
• The assembly lead must possess teamwork, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- English (Required)
- Vietnamese (Required)
Excellent benefit package including 401K plan with Employer Match
11 Paid Holidays, 10 PTO Days, Free Donuts on Fridays, Company Luncheons and year end Party!
PLEASE APPLY AT: http://astrophysicsinc.hirecentric.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Astrophysics Inc. provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Astrophysics Inc. are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call 1(909) 598-5488 and ask for Human Resources. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.